Human Resources

Human Resource is a function of the Finance Director.  Each department supervisor, in conjunction with the City Manager, is responsible for the hiring, performance review and disciplinary action of city employees.

Employment Opportunities

Job openings will be posted and advertised in the local newspaper and the website to ensure all interested individuals are aware of available positions.

Employment Application

Applications may be dropped off or mailed to: City of Greenville, 404 S. Third St., Greenville, IL  62246.

Pre-Employment Application for Police Officers 

Applications may be picked up at the Police Department or click on link above.  


Union Representation

Police Officers and Telecommunicators are covered under the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council Agreement.  Street, water and wastewater laborers are covered under the Laborers' Local 733 collective bargaining agreement.

Pension Funds

Police Officers participate in the Illinois Downstate Police Pension Fund, which has the oversight of the Police Pension Board.

Full-time employees, other than Police Officers, participate in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund. Click the link below for additional information regarding IMRF participation.

Employer Cost & Participant Information

Salary and Benefits

In compliance with Illinois Public Act 97-0609, the City of Greenville has available for inspection at the Greenville Municipal Building, located at 404 S Third Street, a list of employees with a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000 per year.

Mandatory Compensation Reporting



This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at .